Thursday, June 9, 2011

America's Next Free Periodical Head Model!

My Head Shot
The city of Seattle has two widely circulated free papers.  One is the hipster-backed and consumed The Stranger.  The other is, The Seattle Weekly.  The Weekly is sort of Seattle's VH1 to The Stranger's MTV.  I'm pretty sure people read the Weekly, just not as often and less cocaine use is required.  Each year, both papers release their annual "Summer Guide" which gives Seattle residents the insider info on the best happy hours, concerts, eateries and just shit to do when it's nice outside.

Tristan Devin (PRoK)
 This year, The Seattle Weekly contacted local comedy troupe, The People's Republic of Komedy to lend them some decent-faced comedians to use for their "Summer Guide" photo spread.  The requirements to be asked were pretty simple.  You needed to have a Friday afternoon off.  Thankfully for the greater Seattle area, my face did indeed have that particular Friday off, so when I was contacted by PRoK member, Tristan Devin to participate, I wholeheartedly (and headidly) agreed.


Adam Firestone (PRoK)
My very first glamorous photo shoot involved water balloon fights, lots of sitting around, oyster shooters, taking my top off in an alley, protecting the stylists' bags of stuff from being riffled through by a meth head, chugging beers in the street in order to use the empty cans and blowing a gum bubble at least forty two times before they could get a decent shot.  I had lock jaw for a whole day afterward.  In sum, it was a pretty awesome experience.  Thank you to The Seattle Weekly crew, photographer Josh (thank you for your patience regarding my blow job), stylist Heather (sorry for sweating in your shirt), art director Boo and PRoK for asking me and my head to participate!

No comments:

Post a Comment